Distinguished Health and Wellness Experts Partner with Kimberly-Clark Professional* to Recognize and Reward Healthy Workplaces Nationwide
Award Program offers Companies a Chance to Win up to $30,000 in Prizes
ROSWELL, Ga. - Kimberly-Clark Professional* has partnered with five leading health and wellness experts to judge entries to The Healthy Workplace Project* Award Program. The program is designed to recognize and reward companies that have made a comprehensive corporate commitment to hand hygiene and/or wellness initiatives in their workplaces.
The panel of judges includes:
· Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D, CIH, Associate Professor at University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Services
· Kathy Cash, RN, CHPD, Retired Lieutenant Colonel and author of How to Add Sparkle and Pizzazz to Your Health Promotion Program
· Jim Mann, Executive Director & Chief Science Officer, at Handwashing for Life Institute
· Richard Purtell, RPA, Portfolio Manager at Daymark Realty Advisors, Inc.
· David Shadovitz, Editor of Human Resource Executive
“The Healthy Workplace Project Award provides a unique opportunity for companies to be recognized for their efforts in encouraging employee wellness,” said Jim Mann, Executive Director & Chief Science Officer of the Handwashing for Life Institute. “I look forward to reviewing the entries we receive and sharing the best practices of companies that are creating a workplace culture that values employee wellness.”
Managers or employees from any office environment with a strong commitment to workplace health, employee education and engagement are encouraged to submit an entry for The Healthy Workplace Project Award. You do not need to be a Kimberly-Clark Professional customer to win. Winners will receive a customizable prize package valued at $15,000 (grand prize), $10,000 (first prize) and $5,000 (second prize), which will include health and wellness services such as health counseling, cooking demonstrations, comprehensive health screenings, educational programs and therapeutic massages. In addition, winners will receive a variety of KLEENEX® and SCOTT® Brand products. Prizes will be awarded prior to the next flu season.
To submit an entry, visit www.healthyworkplaceproject.com and complete an online questionnaire about your company’s hand hygiene initiative – and how its success was measured.
Entries are being accepted now through April 30, 2012. Winners will be announced at the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International 2012 Every Building Conference & Expo, taking place June 2012 in Seattle.
“Implementing hand and surface hygiene initiatives in the workplace is essential to reducing the spread of germs and creating a positive impact on employee productivity and morale,” said Richard Thorne, Vice President of Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “Our judges specialize in germ transmission, health advocacy and employee engagement and share our commitment to helping companies promote hand and surface hygiene in the office. We look forward to recognizing those companies that have demonstrated a strong, sustained commitment to workplace wellness initiatives and education.”
About the Judges
· Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D, CIH, Associate Professor at University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Services, is a Past Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH). Her research interests include performance of respiratory protection devices, aerosol measurement, filtration and health and safety interventions in small businesses. She is a member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and has won professional recognition and service awards from AIHA and ACGIH.
· Kathy Cash, RN, CHPD, is a retired Lieutenant Colonel and contributing author of Healthy Profits: The 5 Elements of Strategic Wellness in the Workplace. Kathy developed the first official wellness clinic in the United States Air Force and subsequently became a Senior Health Promotion Administrator for the Strategic Air Command and the Air Combat Command, where she sat on the Preventive Medicine Board of Directors for the Air Force Surgeon General. After retirement, Kathy developed and managed the first civilian prevention program provided to the Department of Defense by a large Fortune 500 HMO. She is now a writer and consultant on health and wellness issues.
· Jim Mann, Executive Director & Chief Science Officer, Handwashing for Life Institute, has more than 30 years of industry experience and currently co-chairs the Coalition for Clean Hands with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. He has been recognized by the National Science Foundation, National Environmental Health Association and the Food and Drug Administration as a leading authority on hand hygiene and is a frequent presenter and guest speaker on best practices.
· Richard Purtell, RPA, Portfolio Manager at Daymark Realty Advisors, Inc., served as Chairman and Chief Elected Officer of BOMA International from 2008 – 2009. He has been an active member of BOMA International at the local, regional and international levels since 1982 and is a current member of BOMA International''s Nominating Committee.
· David Shadovitz, Editor of Human Resource Executive, has served as editor since the magazine’s founding in 1987. During his 32-year career in publishing, David has received accolades from numerous publishing organizations, including multiple awards in the American Business Media’s Jessie H. Neal competition and the American Society of Business Press Editors’ Azbee competition. David has also received one of the highest honors in the HR profession, being named a Fellow to the National Academy of Human Resources in 1995.
About Kimberly-Clark Professional
Kimberly-Clark Professional partners with businesses to create Exceptional Workplaces for their employees and patrons. Kimberly-Clark Professional helps transform workplaces making them safer, healthier, and more productive. Key brands in this segment include: Kleenex, Scott, WypAll, Kimtech, and Jackson Safety. Kimberly-Clark Professional, located in Roswell, Ga., is one of Kimberly-Clark Corporation’s four business segments and can be visited on the web at www.kcprofessional.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world''s population trust K-C’s brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries.