Kaivac Answers Questions about Sanitizing Devices and Their Products
Hamilton, OH - Earlier this year, Kaivac, Inc. reported that its 500 psi No-Touch Cleaning® System and its KaiFly™ Flat Surface Cleaning System, when used as directed with water only and no chemicals or cleaning agents, qualify as sanitizing devices according to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) criteria.
However, the company reports that since this announcement, an increasing number of end-users and distributors have asked the company to clarify this report.
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers:
• Did the systems used in the test use electronically charged water?
No, only plain water was used for the tests.
• What exactly does it mean if a system is a "sanitizing device?" This means that there was at least a three log, or 99.9 percent, reduction in targeted microbes on the test surface after cleaning.
This is typically accomplished by either removing the contaminants or killing them with chemicals; the Kaivac system removed them, sanitizing the surface without chemicals.
• Did the tests find that surfaces were sanitized every time the systems were used? No. Heavily soiled surfaces should be cleaned first using the No-Touch Cleaning® System with chemicals.
• So, chemicals can be used with the systems to sanitize surfaces? Yes, but when using the system as a sanitizing device, no chemicals can be used at all, not even a rinse agent
• What if there are concerns about a serious germ-related or bacterial health threat in a facility? In situations where a serious health threat exits, users should use the appropriate EPA-registered disinfectants as necessary to address the problem.
For further clarification, Kaivac has provided the links below regarding the sanitizing capabilities of the No-Touch Cleaning® System and the KaiFly™ Flat Surface Cleaning System.
*A log reduction is a mathematical term used to indicate the relative number of microbes eliminated from a surface by cleaning, sanitizing, or disinfecting.
About Kaivac, Inc.
Headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio, Kaivac, Inc. delivers complete science-based cleaning systems designed to produce healthy results and outcomes while raising the value of cleaning operations and the dignity of the worker. The originator of No-Touch Cleaning®, Kaivac offers an integrated portfolio of environmentally friendly cleaning products designed to remove the maximum amount of soil and potentially harmful biopollutants in the most cost-effective manner possible. For more information, visit www.kaivac.com
About No-Touch Cleaning®
Designed to remove the maximum amount of soil, bacteria, and other biopollution, Kaivac''s patented No-Touch Cleaning systems combine an indoor pressure washer, a powerful wet vacuum and chemistry into an integrated system. Empowering workers to hygienically clean without touching contaminated surfaces, these systems not only clean better, but also cut labor, chemical, and equipment costs while raising worker morale and image. In fact, studies show that Kaivac''s No-Touch Cleaning systems are 60 times more effective in reducing bacterial contamination on tile and grout surfaces than mops, which are more likely to spread contaminants than remove them.