MONCTON, NEW BRUNSWICK — A janitor who happened to be cleaning up at a car dealership prevented a potentially devastating fire, according to the Times and Transcript.
John McElmon, a janitor at the Taylor Ford & Lincoln dealership, was cleaning the back shop when he noticed smoke and flames coming from an exterior wall of the dealership, the article stated.
According to the article, McElmon attempted to put the fire out, but the nearby fire hose was too short, prompting the janitor to call 911.
The fire, which is believed to have been started by a lit cigarette, could have spread quickly, fed by flammable materials and strong winds in the area, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.