Green Business Bureau Offers Second Entry in
Guest Blogger Series Covering Green Tech IP
A further significant aspect of Snyder’s practice is the procurement of patents and registrations to protect cutting-edge technology and trademark assets in a variety of industries. He has wide-ranging expertise in all phases of the preparation and prosecution of applications for patent and trademark registration in many different fields, including the chemical arts, sensor technology, and industrial processing, both inside and outside of the
Snyder has written several articles on intellectual property issues, including "Perspective: Patent Infringement Scorecard for the Federal Appeals Courts" The New York Law Journal, and "No-Nonsense Management of I.P. Assets" The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel.
“The GBB is proud to host such a well-respected and knowledgeable voice on IP issues,” says Cordero. “We know our members will definitely benefit from the advice George has to offer.”
Over the coming weeks, Snyder will be authoring additional blog posts on IP in the green tech field. Future posts will discuss:
· An exploration of how green tech and related IP pervade modern business dealings;
· Avoidance of infringing others'' patent rights when practicing green tech;
· Pitfalls in promotion of the greening of commercial products and services, including trademark infringement, false advertising, and regulatory compliance issues;
· Protection of IP relating to green tech, including strategies for establishing the patentability of green tech inventions, preserving trade secrets, and developing trademark rights; and
· Monetizing IP relating to green tech, including policing and licensing operations.
George Snyder’s blog entry on “Green Tech IP: Know the Lay of the Land”, as well as future entries, can be found on the GBB website at http://www.gbb.org/blog/green-tech-ip-know-the-lay-of-the-land.
GBB is a national third-party program providing certification for businesses that follow environmentally responsible practices. Started by a group of environmental and business professionals who recognized a need in the marketplace for a trusted green certification for small- to medium-sized businesses, GBB fosters environmental awareness among businesses and promotes business practices that are both environmentally responsible and commercially beneficial.
Marcos J. Cordero, LEED AP
Co-Founder and CEO
Green Business Bureau