View Cart (0 items)
Management And Training

Fumes from cleaning products results in death

September 22, 2011
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

CHICAGO — According to autopsy results, harmful fumes from a cleaning substance lead to the death of a Chicago police officer back in April, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Kevin Robinson, 42, died of a lung illness as a result of inhaling noxious fumes from a cleaning product; the death was ruled an accident, the article stated.

According to the article, Robinson complained of a persistent cough and breathing problems after inhaling a cleaning substance that a maintenance worker had sprayed on his desk from an aerosol can.

While Robinson was released from the hospital, he was readmitted days later as his symptoms persisted: As his lungs all but shut down, doctors were forced to place Robinson in a medically induced coma, the article noted.

Click here to read the complete article.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.