View Cart (0 items)
Management And Training

Elevator maintenance man electrocuted

March 30, 2012
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

NEW YORK — A maintenance man died on the job after being electrocuted, according to the NY Daily News.

Ed Bradley, 39, an elevator mechanic, was performing maintenance in the engine room on the ninth floor of the Axa Equitable building when he was electrocuted, the article stated.

According to the article, emergency responders found the repairman unconscious and in cardiac arrest; he died less than 30 minutes later.

Bradley had been employed by the Schindler Group, which contracts with the building to supply in-house mechanics to keep up with repairs for the past five years, the article noted.

Con Edison was called to the scene for safety reasons but it was unclear how the man came into contact with live wires, the article added.

Click here to read the complete article.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.