CFR’s Solid Seven Cleaning and Carpet Cleaning Water Conservation Tips
Fort Worth, TX – Texas is now experiencing its worst drought since 1895. Agricultural losses now exceed $4 billion and several other industries in Texas are expected to be severely impacted due to the drought.*
“The Texas cleaning industry is being asked to use water more responsibly,” says Doug Berjer, product manager for CFR, manufacturer of recycling carpet extractors. “And, it’s not just in Texas; water conservation is now an issue throughout the country.”
How can cleaning professionals and carpet cleaners conserve water? The following are Berjer’s Solid Seven Water Conservation Tips:
1. Use microfiber mop heads and cloths. A University of California study found that “microfiber [can] drastically reduce water, while still cleaning effectively.”* *
2. When carpet cleaning, use heated extractors. Heat improves the effectiveness of cleaning chemicals so less chemical and water may be necessary.
3. Select carpet extractor wands with “atomization” technology to minimize the amount of water released on to the carpet
4. Recycling carpet extractors typically recycle cleaning solution up to seven times, significantly reducing water consumption.
5. Some more advanced floor scrubbers are now referred to as low moisture machines, using less water than older machines. Cylindrical brush technology takes this a step further because it uses brushes, not rotary pads, to clean floors. Studies indicate they use less water and chemical.
6. Avoid hosing down sidewalks, walkways, commercial kitchen floors, etc. A garden hose can use six to as much as 20 gallons of water per minute. Use buckets or high-pressure systems that combine air and water for more efficient cleaning
7. Auto-dilution systems can reduce water and chemical waste.
“I also suggest conducting a water “cleaning” audit,” adds Berjer. “Start keeping track of where water is being used to perform cleaning tasks, and then look for where to eliminate or conserve.”
*New York Times, August 15, 2011
** Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, Calif.
About CFR, a Tacony Company
CFR designs and manufactures a complete range of eco-friendly carpet cleaning systems and high performance specialty tools with an innovative, patented technology that is radically different from other carpet cleaning systems. Continuous Flow Recycling (CFR) technology provides superior moisture-controlled cleaning, faster drying times, and increased cleaning productivity that is unmatched compared to standard carpet extractors on the market today. Through a state-of-the-art recycling filtration system, coupled with moisture-controlled atomization wand technology to minimize carpet moisture, CFR is the Greenest carpet cleaning system in the industry today.