Bed bugs breed by traumatic insemination, so female bed bugs once fertilized avoid male bed bugs like a hot knife.
and you''ll understand why.
Harrison offered these tips to keep your home, suitcase, bed, clothing and office bed bug-free.
• Visually inspect the edge of hotel mattresses for bed bugs and fecal smears before crawling under the covers
• Wash your clothes after traveling and store your suit case at least five feet from your bed
• Vacuum fabric surfaces regularly
• Install a bed bug-certified mattress cover at home
• Heat — one minute at 120 degrees Fahrenheit — steam, fumigants, freezing, alcohol and residual chemical treatments are used to kill bed bugs in all stages from egg, to nymph and adult
• For more information, professional testing or remediation, visit www.orkin.com/commercial/orkin-university
To learn more about everything that happened at the recent BOMA Conference and Every Building Show, click here.