View Cart (0 items)
Safety And Security

Bear repellent hospitalizes housekeeper

October 10, 2011
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

SALT LAKE CITY — A Marriott Hotel housekeeper was hospitalized after a can of bear repellent was struck by her custodial cart, causing it to discharge, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

The can was, for reasons unknown, left in a hallway on the sixth floor of the hotel, the story stated.

According to Salt Lake City Fire Department Chief Clair Baldwin, bear repellent "is like pepper spray, only 10 times stronger."

The unnamed housekeeper was unable to open her eyes after coming into contact with the substance, requiring a visit to the hospital, the story noted.

The entire hotel was evacuated for roughly an hour while the building was ventilated, the story added.

Click here to read the complete article.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.