BLOOMINGTON, IN — Stephen Ashkin has announced his "Annual Trends and Directions" on green and sustainability issues, according to a press release.
"One prediction I am most proud of is when I stated about three years ago that I did not think the green/sustainable movement would suffer significantly due to the economy, and so far, that has proved to be the case," said Ashkin.
According to the release, Ashkin made 10 predictions for the upcoming year, including:
1. It''s the economy. The economy will continue to be the focus, but many organizations will slowly start hiring and expanding. While conditions won’t return to pre-recession levels, it will be a good year for JanSan companies.
2. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) shakes up the market. The new LEED revisions will be introduced in early 2012 and the improvements will accelerate its adoption. As facilities seek help understanding the changes, many JanSan companies will find this as a competitive opportunity and grow customers.
3. Energy is king. The cost of energy will increase in 2012. JanSan distributors and service providers will develop strategies to help facilities reduce energy consumption.
4. Water conservation. Water will emerge as a critical issue that we must address and take seriously.
5. Green as a given. Facility managers/cleaning professionals will select green cleaning products first and conventional cleaning products only if green ones are not available.
The final five predictions can be found on The Ashkin Group''s Facebook page, or by clicking here.
Click here to read the complete release.