CINCINNATI, OH — Immaculate, inviting and, most of all, memorable; finalists in the America''s Best Restroom IX
contest, sponsored by Cintas Corporation
, have established a new standard for restroom quality, according to a press release.
The washrooms are testaments to their proprietors'' sense of taste, flair and attention to detail, and feature some of the world''s finest materials and customer comforts as well as a few surprises, the release stated.
The 10 finalists are:
- Rivue Restaurant & Lounge; Louisville, KY
- Grand America Hotel; Salt Lake City, UT
- Embassy Theatre; Fort Wayne, IN
- Bryant Park; New York, NY
- The Fountain on Locust; St. Louis, MO
- Lawrence Dumont Stadium; Wichita, KS
- China Grill at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino; Las Vegas, NV
- The Muse Hotel; New York, NY
- Santa Monica Pier; Santa Monica, CA
- Joe''s Farm Grill; Gilbert, AZ
According to the release, while these finalists are all quite unique, they have one thing in common: all are exceptionally clean.
Cintas created the Best Restroom award in 2002 to honor those businesses across America that place high value on hygiene and exceptional style in their public restrooms: Over the last eight years, the contest has attracted tens of thousands of voters, the release noted.
"We like to think of this contest as a fun, light-hearted way of drawing the public''s attention to the very important issue of restroom hygiene," says marketing manager for Cintas, Rich Bing
"People don''t think about such things until they walk into a poorly kept restroom, and then it matters. After that, the odds are they won''t be back," Bing added.