Shell Chemical’s Robert Chouffot Elected Chair, American Cleaning Institute Board of Directors
· Amway’s Catherine Ehrenberger New ACI Board Vice Chair
· Executives from SC Johnson, BASF, Sun Products Elected to Board
WASHINGTON, D.C., – Robert Chouffot, General Manager Higher Olefins & Derivatives at Shell Chemical LP, is the new Chair of the American Cleaning Institute® (ACI) Board of Directors.
Mr. Chouffot was elected by his fellow Directors during their meeting at the 2011 ACI Annual Meeting & Industry Convention at the Grande Lakes Orlando in Orlando, Florida.
The new Vice Chair is Catherine Ehrenberger, VP, R&D, Quality and Regulatory, Amway. Thomas O’Brien, General Manager, Organics, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants GmbH, is the new Treasurer.
Three new members were appointed to one-year terms to fill vacancies on the Board:
· Nancy Vincent, Business Director, Care Surfactants & Alcohols, North America, BASF Corp. (Ms. Vincent previously was the Board member from Cognis Corp., which was recently acquired by BASF.)
· Richard Conti, Chief Operating Officer - North America Markets, SC Johnson.
· Craig Slavtcheff, Senior Vice President, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, The Sun Products Corporation.
The next full ACI Board election will take place during the association’s 2012 Annual Business Meeting. The complete roster of the current ACI Board is as follows:
· Frank Sherman, President, AkzoNobel Chemicals, Inc.
· Catherine Ehrenberger, Vice President - VP, R&D, Quality and Regulatory, Amway
· Steve Tanner, President & CEO, Arylessence, Inc.
· Nancy Vincent, NAFTA Business Director, Surfactants & Alcohols, BASF Corp.
· Steven Cugine - Executive Vice President, Global New Product Innovation, Church & Dwight Company, Inc.
Larry Peiros – Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer - North America, The Clorox Company.
Noel Wallace, President, Colgate U.S. and Global Sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive Company.
Kevin F. Gallagher, President, Croda Inc.
James L. Jackson – President, DeSoto L.L.C.
Eunice Heath, General Manager, Dow Home & Personal Care, The Dow Chemical Company.
Dr. Larry Berger, Senior Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Ecolab Inc.
Reinhold Brand - President, Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation.
Greg Tipsord, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Laundry Care Business Unit, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc.
Janice Mabe, Vice President, Intermediates Americas, Huntsman Corporation.
· Anders Lund, Marketing Director, Novozymes.
Paul J. Ferrall, Jr., President – PQ Americas, PQ Corporation.
Jorge Mesquita, Group President-Global Fabric Care, The Procter & Gamble Company.
Richard Conti, Chief Operating Officer - North America Markets, SC Johnson.
Tom O’Brien, General Manager, Organics, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants
Robert Chouffot, General Manager Higher Olefins & Derivatives, Shell Chemical LP.
John V. Venegoni, Vice President and General Manager - Surfactants, Stepan Company.
Craig Slavtcheff, Senior Vice President, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, The Sun Products Corporation.
Francine Glick, President, Water Journey, Ltd.
Mr. Chouffot thanked the retiring members of the 2010 Board for their service to ACI, including past Chair Jane Hutterly, SC Johnson; Simon Medley, BASF; and Bill Littlefield, The Sun Products Corporation.