MUKILTEO, WA — Floorcare is typically one of the most labor-intensive and costly tasks in the professional cleaning industry. These tasks are typically performed using floor care equipment such as rotary buffers or scrubbers. However, with some types of unfinished hard-surface floors, these machines may not be the most effective or cost-efficient option.
Flooring materials such as ceramic or clay tile, tile and grout, rubber, and others floors that are typically not finished can often be cleaned more effectively using a high-pressure rotary hard surface extraction tool instead.
A rotary hard surface tool is typically connected to a "dual surface" hot-water extractor. Dual surface extractors clean both carpets and hard-surface floors.
According to Joe Versluis, national sales manager for U.S. Products (manufacturers of portable hot-water carpet extractors and floor care equipment), these tools work by using high-pressure jets spinning under a shroud "that forcefully lifts soils off of the floor and grout areas that are then extracted by the machine."
When properly used, this tool essentially floats over the floor. A water source is connected to the machine and soiled water is released in a sink for continuous operation.
However, to achieve acceptable cleaning results, Versluis offers the following suggestions:
- In some cases, floors can be cleaned simply by using highly pressurized water; however, applying a cleaning solution to the floor first is usually recommended.
- With moderate to heavy soiling, a cleaning solution is necessary to help dissolve and loosen soils for effective extraction.
- Select cleaning solutions to match soiling; for instance, a degreaser may be necessary to remove oily, greasy soils.
- Allow for proper dwell time.
- If stubborn soils remain, do not increase the pressure applied to the floor; excessive pressure can damage grout areas and loosen floors. Instead, repeat the cleaning procedure.
"For facility service providers, these rotary hard surface extraction tools can really come in handy," adds Versluis. "They are very moderately priced, easy to use, and for unfinished floors, surprisingly effective."
Visit us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/usproductsequipment
About U.S. Products
U.S. Products is a leading manufacturer of carpet, upholstery, drapery, stone, concrete, and tile cleaning and restoration equipment, tools, and chemicals for the floor care professional. In the manufacturing industry, quality, reliability, and innovation are words that are frequently advertised. At U.S. Products, we have the track record to demonstrate that we have put these words into action. Web site: www.usproducts.com