Cintas Helps Ready Businesses for the Biggest Game in Football Checklist helps organizations stay on track throughout the festivities
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ — Touted as the “world’s greatest two-week tailgate party” on the local Chamber of Commerce website, all eyes are on New York and New Jersey as the region prepares for “the biggest game in football.” To help business prepare for the onslaught of fans, celebrities, tourists and partiers who will descend upon the region next weekend, Cintas Corporation today announced a checklist of items to keep facilities clean, safe and in top condition before, during and after the festivities.
“There’s a lot of work that goes into welcoming hundreds of thousands of visitors to your area or business,” said Erin Andrews, Cintas spokesperson and sportscaster for Fox Sports. “From deep cleaning carpets to stocking first-aid cabinets and reviewing disaster preparedness plans, a little planning goes a long way in keeping operations running smoothly during the event.”
Cintas’ pre-event activity checklist includes:
- Deep clean tile and carpets so they are in top condition for guests’ arrival
- Refresh entrance matting to make a positive first impression and reduce the opportunity for slips and falls
- Restock first-aid supply cabinets
- Ensure fire protection equipment is operational and in compliance
- Test all emergency lighting to ensure guests will be able to evacuate safely in the event of a power outage
- Review emergency preparedness plans to keep evacuation routes and emergency contacts top of mind for employees
- Establish a first-responder team in case of an incident and review locations for first-aid supplies and automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- Review training on social media use and business etiquette to limit future liability
- Stock up on cleaning supplies
- Deep clean restrooms
- Review your uniform program to ensure employees have enough shirts and pants to keep them looking fresh throughout long hours
- Develop a plan of action for handling big groups
- Strategically place secure document shredding containers throughout the property for visitors to dispose of papers containing sensitive personal information
During the event, Cintas recommends organizations take the following steps:
- Walk the property daily to identify spills or stains for removal
- Regularly refill first-aid cabinets
- Check restrooms to restock supplies and remove trash at least once an hour during peak traffic, if not more often
- Refill cleaning supplies on a daily basis
- Keep staff motivated with regular team meetings to identify daily highlights.
At the end of the event, Cintas recommends the following:
- Deep clean tile and carpet to restore floors to remove soil that built up throughout the event
- Deep clean restrooms so they are in top condition
- Refill first-aid cabinets
- Replace any empty fire extinguishers
- Thoroughly clean all hard surfaces in the building
- Securely shred confidential documents
- Recognize star performers.
“Cintas delivers game-changing performances, and that’s exactly what they’ve done to help businesses prepare for one of the biggest week in sports,” added Andrews. “When you use the ‘Team with the White Truck,’ you don’t have to worry about the time-consuming, yet critical aspects of your business, because Cintas will handle it.”
For more information on Cintas’ solutions for businesses, go to www.cintas.com.
About Cintas Corporation:
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types primarily throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom cleaning and supplies, tile and carpet cleaning, promotional products, first aid, safety, fire protection products and services and document management services for more than 1 million businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.