THE POLLS ARE OPEN: CAST YOUR BALLOT FOR THE 2013 JANITOR OF THE YEAR!
Finalists for the contest, sponsored by Cintas, include everyday “angels” and “heroes” who make our schools a nicer place to work and learn
CINCINNATI — An elementary school janitor greets every student by name with a smile and a fist-bump each day. Another janitor across the country stops by classrooms just to listen and encourage the students learning to read.These are only two of the 10 amazing individuals for whom the public can cast their ballot in this year’s Janitor of the Year Contest. Sponsored by Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), the first annual Janitor of the Year contest aims to shine a spotlight on those who truly rule the school – the janitors!
“We’ve received some amazing stories of heroism, compassion and friendship,” said Dave Mesko, Senior Director of Marketing, Cintas Corp. “The top 10 finalists for this year’s award are ambassadors for their schools and true figures in their communities. We are thrilled to share their stories and look forward to seeing who the public selects as their favorite.”
The 2013 Janitor of the Year will receive a $2,500 cash prize along with $2,500 in Cintas products and services for his or her school – not to mention bragging rights. The top ten finalists are:
1. Larry Aupperlee – Minnesauke Elementary School (East Setauket, NY)
2. Grady Harris – Hilltop Elementary School (Wyoming, OH)
3. Stuart Langford – Chico Country Day Charter School (Chico, CA)
4. Arthur Moore – Upson Lee North Elementary School (Thomaston, GA)
5. Patrick Peterson – North Valley High School (Reno, NV)
6. Lynette Prior – Georgetown Middle School (Georgetown, SC)
7. Dan Smith – Henry Senachwine CUSD 5 (Henry, IL)
8. Susan Suehs – Magnolia Elementary School (Joppa, MD)
9. Alan Thibault – W. Edward Balmer Elementary School (Whitinsville, MA)
10. Mike Woodruff – Archbishop McNicholas High School (Cincinnati, OH)
To read more about the finalists and cast your vote, please visit www.cintas.com/janitoroftheyear . Voting will be open through Monday, Dec. 2.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Petersen at 312-664-1532 or email@example.com .
About Cintas Corporation:
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types primarily throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom cleaning and supplies, tile and carpet cleaning, promotional products, first aid, safety, fire protection products and services and document management services for more than 1 million businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.