BOISE, ID — The Healthy Facilities Institute (HFI) Educational Center and Website has announced the development of a Clean for Healthful Environments award, according to a press release.
To develop the award, HFI is also requesting input from its SMART — Swift Market Assessment Response Team — Task Force, as well as from facility leaders, the release stated.
According to the release, baseline criteria include:
- Company must have peer-reviewed research supporting efficacy claims
- Company must demonstrate that protecting public health is a key part of its operations or mission statement
- Company must have at least two public health scientists supporting its claims and providing a reference or testimonial
- Company must be actively engaged in Measuring for Health™ using Integrated Cleaning and Measurement™ (ICM) principles and therefore must provide field test data showing effective removal of soils affecting health
- Companies must be IEHA and ISSA members in good standing.
"We welcome this opportunity to encourage manufacturer leaders in the facilities sector to step up and be recognized for their health-related product efforts. We are asking our SMART Task Force as well as others in the facilities space, to suggest additional or modified criteria, as well as award incentives," said Allen Rathey, president of HFI.
Click here to read the release in its entirety.