Getting the Most Bang for Your Tradeshow Buck at The Experience
“Going without a plan can be a costly mistake… planning ahead of time saves both time and energy and makes going to the tradeshow all the more worthwhile.”
MUKILTEO, WA — With The Experience Tradeshow for the carpet cleaning and restoration industry about to begin on September 4, 2013, in Las Vegas, attendees should take a few minutes before their arrival to make sure they get “the most bang for their tradeshow buck,” says Mark Cuddy, National Sales Manager for U.S. Products, makers of professional carpet cleaning equipment.
“Going without a plan can be a costly mistake. I’ve been to scores of tradeshows as both an exhibitor and an attendee, and a little planning ahead of time saves both time and energy and makes going to the tradeshow all the more worthwhile.”
Cuddy’s tips on making The Experience tradeshow a valuable experience (which are also posted with others on the company’s Facebook site) include the following:
• Check out The Experience website, review the show program, and investigate what companies are exhibiting and where their displays will be located.
• Remember to take advantage of the many product demonstrations manufacturers will be conducting at the show. Check the times in advance so you can be sure to schedule those demonstrations that are of the most interest to you.
• Comfortable shoes are essential. Tradeshows almost always involve more walking and standing than anticipated.
• Be choosy about the literature you select at the show. By the end of the day, carrying a heavy load of pamphlets and brochures can make it difficult to find the information that will be most valuable to you.
• Hold on to the show guide at all times and keep it even after the show ends. The show guide can be used as a quick reference to exhibiting companies and their products and services.
• Keep a notebook or electronic device handy to jot down notes about products and companies; take pictures of the products you are most interested in so you can remember them and contact manufacturers and distributors about them after the show.
Adds Cuddy, “Always attend the ‘mixers’ at the show. This is the best time to meet your peers, listen to their perspectives on the industry, and learn things that may really help you run your business when you get back home.”
Visit us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/usproductsequipment
About U.S. Products
U.S. Products is a leading manufacturer of carpet, upholstery, drapery, stone, concrete, and tile cleaning and restoration equipment, tools, and chemicals for the floor care professional. In the manufacturing industry, quality, reliability, and innovation are words that are frequently advertised. At U.S. Products, we have the track record to demonstrate that we have put these words into action.