Where’s the Value
Helping Building Service Contractors Become More Successful at Marketing
CHICAGO — Summer are traditionally the most active time of year for building service contractors (BSCs) looking for new clients.
However, BSCs trying to build new business need to know that many office and facility managers now look at more than just prices and services offered when considering a new BSC.
Managers are now much more focused on one more component: value.
As part of their Summer Like and Learn Campaign, this month’s “Tornado Business-of-the-Business” is all about value propositions.
A value proposition is essentially the benefits the customer will see if they select your service. And benefits typically translate into dollars saved.
For instance, the following are commonly used (but weak) value propositions:
• We are the best when it comes to saving you money
• Customers tell us worker absenteeism has gone down since we started cleaning their offices
• Our staff is well trained
These statements lack punch, along with verifiable cost savings.
They should be replaced with strong value propositions similar to the following:
• Here is an example how one of our clients saved $10,000 a year since we took over their cleaning responsibilities
• At one office, they have had a 20 percent drop in absenteeism since we started cleaning their office
• All our workers are CIMS certified (or GS-42 Certified), meaning they have passed a state-of-the-art, best practices training program that helps them clean more effectively and efficiently.
According to Michael Schaffer, a senior executive with Tacony’s Commercial Floor Care division and president of Tornado Industries®, when presenting value propositions, BSCs should “keep them short, precise, true, and focused on how you can help deliver value to the customer.”
Tornado’s Business of the Business Advisory is designed to help building service contractors operate their businesses more efficiently and profitably.
Visit us on Facebook at: http://tiny.cc/sq5ql
Available For Interviews And Industry Commentary:
Tornado Industries President Michael Schaffer is available for interviews and industry commentary by calling (630) 818-1300
About Tornado a Tacony Company
Tornado Industries has been engineering quality cleaning equipment for more than 80 years. The company has a long history of developing innovative products and applying the latest technology to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve safety. Tornado prides itself on always being on the cutting edge of cleaning solutions. Many of the company’s products are manufactured in the United States with domestically and globally sourced parts.