Paul Davis Provides Spring Storm Safety Tips
JACKSONVILLE, FL — The U.S. is the most severe weather-prone country on Earth, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Each year, there are approximately 100,000 thunderstorms with 10,000 being severe; 5,000 floods; and 1,000 tornadoes.
March signals the arrival of spring storm season. Paul Davis Restoration, Inc., a national franchise company and leading provider of water damage cleanup and fire damage restoration services for residential and commercial properties, offers the following tips for protecting life and property.
Have a disaster plan and emergency supplies in place. Your "Basic Emergency Kit" should include:
- Water - one gallon of water per person and pets for a minimum of three days
- Food - a three-day supply of non-perishable food for adults, childrenm and pets and a can opener
- Battery-powered or hand crank commercial radio and a NOAA Weather Radio
- Cell Phone with charger
- First aid kit, non-prescription drugs like pain relievers, prescription medications and supplies
- Copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in waterproof container.
- Sleeping bags or warm blankets
- Fire extinguisher.
The beginning of spring is also a good time to inspect your property to check for any damage winter left behind and to prepare for the spring storm season. Below are some valuable tips for protecting your property from severe weather.
- Clear yard of loose articles and debris
- Trim trees and shrubs
- Keep lawn furniture, outdoor toys, garbage cans secured or stored
- Inspect your roof and repair any loose shingles
- Repair siding, awnings, gutters and downspouts.
Contact a licensed professional or restoration and emergency services company if damage to your home or business is significant. Qualified technicians are certified from The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
About Paul Davis:
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc., a subsidiary of FirstService Corporation
(NASDAQ: FSRV; TSX: FSV), is a national franchisor and leading provider of restoration services for residential and commercial properties since 1966.
Paul Davis Restoration also provides complete remodeling services and has franchise locations throughout North America with owners and technicians who are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Visit the website at www.pauldavis.com.
About FirstService Corporation:
FirstService Corporation is a global leader in the rapidly growing real estate services sector, one of the largest markets in the world. As one of the largest property managers in the world, FirstService manages more than
2.5 billion square feet of residential and commercial properties through its three industry-leading service platforms: Colliers International, one of the largest global players in commercial real estate; FirstService Residential Management, North America's largest manager of residential communities; and the Property Services, one of North America's largest providers of essential property services delivered through company-owned operations, franchise systems and contractor networks.
FirstService generates over $2.3 billion in annual revenues and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information about FirstService is available at www.firstservice.com.