Tips for Wearing a Backpack Vacuum Cleaner Properly
FORT WORTH, TX — Backpack vacuum cleaners are here to stay.
Some in the professional cleaning industry considered them a novelty when manufacturers first intro duced them more than a decade ago. But today, many cleaning professionals prefer them because of their versatility and how they can speed up worker productivity.
However, to take advantage of all these benefits, it is important to know how to wear a backpack vacuum cleaner properly.
For this reason, Powr-Flite, a leading manufacturer of backpack vacuums and other professional cleaning equipment, offers the following tips for wearing a backpack vacuum cleaner properly:
• Slide your arms through the appropriate shoulder straps; if right-handed, grab the harness and pick up the backpack with your right hand. This allows for better control when lifting and can help reduce strain.
• With the machine on your back, lift the vacuum so it is on or slightly above your hips before adjusting the strap around your waist. This is how you should wear the backpack.
• If you are right-handed, leave the right shoulder strap slightly looser than the left; this will free up your right arm, making vacuuming easier to perform.
• Be sure the shoulder straps are tight but comfortable; if they are too loose, the machine will slide around on your back, making it uncomfortable to wear.
• Avoid bending over while wearing the backpack. With some machines, tools and attachments are designed to be worn on a belt, within easy reach, so no bending or stooping is necessary.
"Recent design advances of the harnesses used to wear a backpack have made them much more comfortable to wear," says Eric Hickman, a Product Manager with Powr-Flite. "This can help reduce fatigue, improving worker performance and productivity significantly."
Established more than 45 years ago, Powr-Flite manufactures a full line of floor-care equipment and carpet extractors for the professional cleaning industry. Based in Fort Worth, TX, the company has over 20 patented designs and its products are recognized throughout the world for their innovation, durability, quality and performance. Their products are marketed directly to end-use customers as well as through distributors throughout the North America, Europe and the Far East.
Powr-Flite is on Facebook. Visit us at: http://www.facebook.com/PowrFlite