“Rules” Of Social Media
By: Robert Kravitz
On a company social media page, the following are some general rules to adhere to:
- Avoid posting family pictures; company pictures are encouraged.
- Avoid politics, religion or other spiritual items; this is neither the time nor place
- Never knock a competitor or a competitor’s products
- Post up to once per day or three times per week
- Go easy on the hashtags as they can be confusing
- Never tweet or post in all caps, otherwise you’re yelling at your audience
- Make the marketing subtle
- Once you start your social media endeavor, keep doing it; stopping the effort looks like something happened to your or to the company as a whole
- Always try to add an image to all Facebook postings
- Always be honest and trustworthy in everything you say and do on a social media site.