According to market research by 1&1 Internet Inc., consumers can be quite persnickety when they encounter bad websites.
Among the findings of surveys and questionnaires pertaining to bad websites, 1&1 Internet Inc. found that:
- Some 72 percent will abandon the inquiry or order and find another business
- Fully 58 percent doubt that an online transaction or inquiry will be processed
- Roughly 58 percent decide they are less likely to use that company in the future
- Some 47 percent question the credibility and trustworthiness of the company
- At least 42 percent feel negative emotions such as stress or anger towards the company.