1. Of the following, which type of battery has been used in professional cleaning equipment for the longest amount of time?
- Lead-acid battery
2. Of the following, which type of battery typically requires the least amount of maintenance?
- AGM battery
3. Which of the following is most similar to the type of battery found in an automobile?
- Deep-cycle battery
4. Which of the following batteries do not need to be filled with water?
- AGM batteries and gel batteries
5. According to a recent survey, what is the biggest benefit of battery-powered floor care machines?
- Having no power cords reduces the possibility of a slip-and-fall accident and increases safety
6. According to a recent survey, what is the biggest concern about battery-powered floor care machines?
- The batteries need to be recharged too frequently
7. How do the batteries in floor care equipment compare to a decade ago?
- All of the above
8. True or false: In most cases, the battery should not be fully discharged before needing a charge.
9. True or false: When using a machine with a deep-cycle battery, the battery should be left in the machine if it is not to be used for a week or more.
10. Some manufacturers now install “low-battery cut-off systems.” These perform which of the following functions?
- Turn off the machine before the battery is fully discharged
How did you do? Leave a comment below and compare your results with those of your colleagues.