FREMONT, OH — Tribology is the study of the interaction between sliding surfaces, according to a press release.
Those who analyze slip and fall accidents use the knowledge of tribology to examine the amount of friction between shoe bottoms and the floor surface.
The second Tribology class focuses on how facility managers can help prevent slip and fall accidents by knowing where they are most likely to occur.
Studies now indicate these areas are where a slip and fall accident is most likely to occur:
- Any floor surfaces that are wet or oily (both indoors and outdoors)
- Sloping surfaces, especially sloping down
- Work areas where pushing, pulling, carrying, or lifting tasks are performed
- Any area of a facility where people must temporarily walk faster than usual
- Where there are frequent walkway changes.
For more risk areas, click here.
For more information on these classes, click here.