CHESTER, WV — An electrical fire at Allen T. Allison Elementary forced students and staff out of the building, according to The Review
The fire started when an electric heater shorted out, melting the wires and causing lots of smoke, the story stated.
Approximately 450 students were evacuated while three local fire departments rushed to the scene, the story noted.
Chester VFD Chief John Hissam told The Review: "It was extinguished by a janitor who knew what he was doing. Luckily all we had to do was come in and take care of clearing out the smoke."
After receiving an extra 30-minute break, fire officials determined it was safe for students and staff to re-enter the building, the story added.