View Cart (0 items)

Cigarette butt sparks school fire

January 07, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
HARTFORD, CT — A discarded cigarette in the garbage can of a second-floor maintenance closet started a fire at Shelton High School, according to MSNBC.com.
Classes were not in session, though some 75 people were inside the building watching a basketball game; nobody was injured in the fiasco, the story stated.
Fire and smoke traveled quickly through the ductwork and caused considerable damage that clean-up crews began working on immediately after the fire was extinguished, the story noted.
School administrators, though remaining hopeful, are wary as to when the school will reopen, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.