View Cart (0 items)

Worker suffers burns in maintenance mishap

February 23, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
ELLICOTT CITY, MD — A maintenance employee suffered severe burns on his upper body during a mishap at the Howard County Circuit Court last week, according to the Baltimore Sun.
The maintenance worker suffered injuries when the compressor he was working on in the mechanical room of the courthouse blew up, the story stated.
A mixture of volatile chemicals triggered the explosion that caused nonlife-threatening injuries to the worker; he was taken to Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore, the story noted.
The incident caused an excess of smoke that resulted in the evacuation of the building, the story added.
According to the story, the maintenance employee''s name has yet to be released.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.