Although it may come as a surprise, experts generally agree that the most environmentally responsible thing to do is use up all the conventional products with the exception of those that might have the greatest negative impact on health or the environment, the release stated.
It is suggested that BSCs replace conventional vacuum cleaners after three years of service and floor care equipment within five years or sooner, if possible, the release noted.
Michael Schaffer, president of Tornado Industries®, suggests the following 10 ways BSCs can go green:
1. Use only green-certified cleaning chemicals
2. Choose vacuum cleaners bearing the Seal of Approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
3. Group cleaning routes by geographic area to save on fuel
4. Have workers carpool to job sites
5. Select floor machines with built-in vacuum systems to help protect indoor air quality
6. Use cleaning chemical auto-dispensing systems
7. Encourage clients to install high-performance matting systems
Click here to read the complete release.
For related information, click here.