View Cart (0 items)

Floor stripping chemicals spark electrical fire

July 24, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
HUNTSVILLE, AL — Lee High School was temporarily evacuated yesterday morning after cleaning chemicals sparked a small fire and prompted the assistance of the Huntsville Fire Department, according to the Huntsville Times.
Workers were stripping the floor in the main office when the chemicals splashed into an electrical outlet, causing smoke and sparks, the story stated.
The school was only evacuated for a short time and fans were used to draw the smoke out of the office so the floor stripping could be completed, the story noted.
Nobody was injured in the matter that briefly interrupted the Alabama high school graduation exam being administered in the school at the time, the story added.
According to the story, Huntsville City Schools officials have not released and damage estimates.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.