The July issue of Cleanfax magazine is now available online, featuring Senior Editor Jeff Cross'' Contents of a great stain kit article.
Cross states that carpet and furniture cleaners need the best in tools and chemistry, and this is especially true when it comes to the stain removal kit.
He notes that most stain kits include the following:
- Flip-top bottles for applying spot or stain solution
- Eyedroppers for applying small amounts of spot or stain solution
- Trigger sprayers for larger spots or stains
- Tamping brush and/or metal, bone or plastic spatulas for safe agitation of spotting solution
- Steam iron to add heat to accelerate chemical action
- Absorbent, white cotton towels
- Measuring cups for proportioning and dilution control.
Cross adds that if one type of chemistry doesn''t work for the stain you are trying to remove, neutralize and rinse, and then try another chemical.
According to Cross, remember, the customer owns the stain … and you can become the unhappy "owner" of any damage to the carpet if you use overly-aggressive cleaning techniques.
Jeff Cross is the senior editor of Cleanfax magazine. With more than 20 years of experience in the carpet and furniture cleaning and disaster restoration industries, Cross is an IICRC-approved instructor and teaches carpet cleaning, furniture cleaning, carpet color repair and spot and stain removal seminars across the country. Visit his training website at www.cleaningprofessor.com. E-mail: email@example.com. Click here to view the digital version of the July issue.