NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC — A maintenance worker at the Ocean Bay Club is credited with saving a 2-year old boy''s life after he fell into a pool and nearly drowned around 9:28 a.m. yesterday, according to The Sun News.
William Fultz, who has worked at the hotel for seven years, said he was performing routine maintenance at the pool when he saw the child''s mother carrying him in her arms and notified her that he knew cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the story stated.
Fultz said: "I just put him on the ground and started CPR. Fortunately I was able to bring him around. I was doing CPR through the nose since his mouth was so small, and doing chest compressions. I turned him on his side, he gave me a couple of coughs and opened his eyes. Then the water came out. It was a wonderful thing."
Fultz, who learned CPR nearly 30 years ago, says he has never had to use his training to save a life, the story noted.
An unnamed police officer arrived on the scene minutes after the incident to assist Fultz revive the boy, who was taken to the Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, the story added.
According to the story, the boy, whose condition is unknown, was "responsive and crying" as emergency workers transferred him to the hospital.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.