View Cart (0 items)

Household mold leaves woman with rare illness

October 06, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
SOMERS POINT, NJCommon household mold has left a young woman in New Jersey with a rare illness that is so severe she currently can no longer live indoors, according to FOX News.
Jennifer Parker''s world has changed dramatically over the past four years; she went from running her own successful landscaping business to living in a tent in her parent''s backyard, the story stated.
The mysterious illness, which has left several doctors puzzled, made Jennifer allergic to household chemicals in everything from upholstery to detergent; she can only eat organic food and takes a half-dozen vitamins daily to boost her immune system, the story noted.
Parker said: "When I go indoors or in a car or in any stores, I get sick. There was a time when every white surface I would touch would turn pink. I didn''t know that the mold was growing in my home because I couldn''t see it. It was up in the attic. My immune system is so weakened from the mold that I''m forced to live out here. It''s horrible."
According to the story, a doctor in Texas says the pink fingerprints are her body''s way of trying to rid the toxins.
Parker recently began taking a new medication that doctors say should flush the toxins from her system, something she hopes will happen before winter hits and she is left out in the cold, the story added.
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.