View Cart (0 items)

Chemical exposure sends six to hospital

December 29, 2009
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
SWIFTWATER, PA — Six contract workers renovating a building at the Sanofi Pasteur campus were hospitalized after being exposed to a cleaning chemical, according to the Pocono Record.
It remains unclear what chemical the workers were exposed to before they began vomiting and were rushed to the Pocono Medical Center late Sunday evening, the story stated.
All six workers were released after roughly an hour-long stay at the hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries, the story noted.
Sanofi Pasteur spokeswoman Ellyn Schindler said: "Contractors working at the Swiftwater site reported awareness of an odor, which was later identified as a cleaning solution associated with some scheduled facility maintenance."
Sanofi Pasteur, a human vaccine producer, has its own emergency response group on campus that handles situations like the one that occurred over the weekend, the story added.
Bruce Henry, deputy director of the Monroe County Office of Emergency Management, said: "They took care of everything on their property."
Click here to read the complete article.
For related information, click here.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.