View Cart (0 items)

Fire was avoidable with dryer vent cleaning

January 04, 2010
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
CHICAGO — Regular maintenance in the form of dryer vent cleaning would have prevented a fire that caused $5,000 in damage to a Maryland hotel, according to a press release.
The blaze at the Holiday Inn, which was entirely avoidable, took firefighters nearly an hour to put out, the release stated.
Manny Diesman, owner of Dryer Vent Wizard, said: "Thankfully, there were no injuries. More lives are at risk in multiple-resident buildings like hotels and apartment buildings. We clean dryer vents in residential and commercial buildings. I especially urge property managers, hotel owners and public laundries to clean dryer vents often."
Dryer vent cleaning is recommended at least once a year for average residential dryer use and more often for public laundries and multi-family residents, the release noted.
In addition to dryer vent services, Dryer Vent Wizard strives to educate its customers on the importance of dryer vent cleaning in an attempt to avoid situations like the one that unfolded at the Holiday Inn, the release added.
Click here to read the complete release.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.