Ashkin Reveals Green Predictions for 2010
Ashkin, who is often referred to as the “founder of Green Cleaning,” has been the industry’s leading advocate for the use of environmentally preferable cleaning products and systems for almost two decades.
Looking back, Ashkin recalls a time not too many years ago when his annual prediction was simply that “our industry would start taking a closer look at cleaning products that have less impact on the environment, users, and building occupants. I am pleased to say we have come a very long way in the past few years,” says Ashkin.
So what are his predictions for 2010? Ashkin believes the following are not only “in the cards” but will likely materialize in 2010:
· More consumer and household cleaning products will be Green certified; this will also bolster the use of Green certified cleaning products in the professional cleaning industry
· The industry’s first Green certified disinfectants will be available in the United States
· More state and local governments will require Green Cleaning products and systems be used in educational and government facilities
· Organizations, such as the Healthy Schools Campaign, Practice Greenhealth, the Green Hotel Association, and others, will grow in membership and influence
· More companies will require their vendors to demonstrate they are taking steps to become Greener and more sustainable
· All segments of the professional cleaning industry—manufacturers, distributors, and facility service providers—will become more sustainable and environmentally responsible.
Ashkin also believes 2010 may be the year that the professional cleaning industry is recognized for the leadership role it has played in promoting Green Cleaning and environmental responsibility.
“Our industry has made a big impact on so many businesses and [other] industries,” he adds. “We have become a role model of what can be accomplished when an industry decides it is time to go Green.”
Steve Ashkin is available for interviews, presentations, and commentary on Green Cleaning-related issues, sustainable buildings, industry trends, and facility management. He may be reached by calling (812) 332-7950.
About Stephen Ashkin and The Ashkin Group
Stephen P. Ashkin is president of The Ashkin Group, a consulting firm specializing in greening the cleaning industry, as well as Sustainablity Tool LLC, an electronic dashboard that allows jansan companies to measure, track and report on their facility’s environmental impacts, He is also coauthor of both The Business of Green Cleaning and Green Cleaning for Dummies.
Ashkin has worked in the cleaning industry since 1981 and has held senior management positions in leading consumer and commercial product companies. He began his work on Green Cleaning in 1990 and today is thought of as the “father of Green cleaning”. For more information, visit www.AshkinGroup.com.