View Cart (0 items)
Maintenance

Students hospitalized due to noxious odor in school

February 18, 2010
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

WILMETTE, IL — Three students were hospitalized due to a noxious odor at Regina Dominican High School that required a hazardous materials response, according to the Chicago Tribune.

According to the article, the Wilmette Fire Department was called to the school after students began vomiting from an odor, which was found to be coming from the second floor of the building near an art classroom.

According to Wilmette Fire Department Chief James Dominik, the odor was similar to pepper spray.
The building was evacuated and subsequently ventilated by the hazardous materials team, the story stated.

The odor was reported around the same time students were leaving the building as part of an early dismissal day due to a faculty meeting, the story noted.

Fire officials were notified of the odor by a maintenance worker, the story added.

Click here to read the complete article.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.