Wednesday''s Ask the Experts question from a cleaning professional on the International Custodial Advisors Network
(ICAN) "Ask the Experts"
page: We team clean and are going to start interviewing for an open position. What are some good questions to ask of the person being interviewed for the position? We rotate our specialists.
Since you are relying on team cleaning, you want to insure the candidate is comfortable working "in a team setting" as well as comfortable with "repetitive and rotating assignments," such as a trash or restroom specialist.
Therefore, I would compose questions such as:
(1) What personality trait do you have that occasionally irritates other people?
(2) Do you prefer to work alone or with a group of people?
(3) Are you familiar with "team cleaning" and the specialist assignments?
(4) What would you do if someone on the team is working slower than other team members?
(5) What strengths do you bring to our organization? ... — Perry S. Shimanoff, president MC²