- Check the water level regularly (if applicable).
- Check cables and connectors for cleanliness and make sure these parts are tight.
- Sealed batteries are commonly called maintenance-free batteries and, as the name implies, are maintenance-free. However, it is still advisable to check the connections and cables on a regular basis.
- Deep-cycle batteries (a more conventional lead-acid battery) will discharge if the unit has not been used for extended periods of time. To avoid this, charge these batteries periodically. This maintains battery life and ensures the floor machine is ready for use when needed.
- Keep all batteries and battery-operated equipment away from heat sources when stored. Heat can severely damage a battery.
- Remember to always wear safety glasses when servicing batteries.
Tornado Industries has been designing and engineering quality cleaning equipment for more than 80 years. The company has a long history of developing innovative products and applying the latest technology to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve safety. Tornado prides itself on always being on the cutting edge of floor care cleaning solutions.