NORCROSS, GA (May 11, 2010) — Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading distributors of paper, packaging and facility supplies in North America, in partnership with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – will honor the winners of the second annual Environmental Innovation Awards during a dinner ceremony on Tuesday, May 18 in Atlanta.
This year, Heidelberg USA, Neenah Paper and NewPage Corporation joined with Unisource to sponsor the awards, which were announced last month in honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. The awards program is designed to recognize companies in the graphic arts industry that are implementing state-of-the-art and innovative environmental solutions.
"We applaud all of the companies that earned this prestigious award by demonstrating their ongoing commitment and dedication to practice sustainability and implement innovative environmental solutions," said Ed Farley, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Unisource. "We are also very pleased with the response that we received in the second year of this awards program," he said.
The winners of the five Environmental Innovation Awards are:
- Patient News Publishing, Haliburton, Ontario, Canada for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Community award, which recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally-progressive community program.
- Brown Printing Company, New York, NY, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant award, which recognizes a company that is "walking the talk" in their own plant.
- Portland Color, Portland, ME, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes award, which recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally-sensitive processes.
- Green Books N Binders, Langhorne, PA, for the Beyond Environmental Sustainability award, which recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity.
- EarthColor, Parsippany, NJ, for the Thought Leader award, which recognizes a company that best represents the "new green graphic arts company."
"Unisource is proud to sponsor this ceremony which is held to recognize how companies and individuals alike can implement small changes in their every day practices, that in the end, have a large impact on the world around us," said Farley. "It is a privilege to honor this elite group of companies who are reinventing the norm and meeting customer’s expectations by providing environmentally-friendly products and services," he said.
A representative from each of the five companies will be honored at the dinner. The awards ceremony will include recognition of the five distinguished winners, and the opportunity to share experiences with others about how their company is practicing sustainability.
About Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., (www.unisourcelink.com) is a leading independent marketer and distributor of commercial printing and business imaging papers, packaging systems and facility supplies and equipment in North America. Headquartered in Norcross, Ga., Unisource is one of the largest private companies in the United States and offers the most comprehensive suite of products and services in the industry. With more than 5,500 team members — including sales, customer service and technical support specialists; approximately 85 distribution centers; and a fleet of "Big Red" trucks — Unisource can deliver what your business needs when and where you want it — locally, regionally and nationally.