View Cart (0 items)
Safety And Security

Window washer electrocuted on the job

July 14, 2010
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+
VICTORIA, BC — A window washer is in the hospital after being electrocuted on the job Tuesday morning, according to the Victoria News.
Philip Howe, owner of ACME Building Maintenance, was washing the windows of the Royal Scot Hotel when his 30-foot metal window washing wand touched electrical lines, the article stated.
According to the article, officials are unsure if he suffered cardiac arrest before losing control of the wand or if touching his wand to the electrical line caused the cardiac arrest: When firefighters arrived, a person on the scene was trying to resuscitate Howe.
"We were dispatched for a medical aid for a window washer that was injured and while en-route we were told there was a possibility of wires down," said acting Lieutenant Oscar Pohl of the Victoria Fire Department.
Howe was taken to Royal Jubilee Hospital where he is breathing by himself with the help of some devices, but is not yet conscious, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.
You must login or register in order to post a comment.