HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA — A window washer was electrocuted Tuesday when he accidentally touched overhead power lines with a metal pole, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The man, who was washing the windows of a medical office building, was using a brush on a long extension pole with a water hose attachment, the article noted.
According to the article, the pole came in to contact with the power lines overhead while the man was trying to work around a tree.
"It immediately electrocuted and killed him on the spot," said Jeff Lopez, deputy fire marshal for the Huntington Beach Fire Department.
As a precaution, the building was evacuated for a time and authorities cut off power to the surrounding area, the article stated.
Click here to read the complete article.