Summer Auto Scrubber Care
West Chicago - After a rough winter and busy spring, some cleaning professionals have a little time off now to take care of the equipment that has served them so well…especially auto scrubbers.
Depending on their size, auto scrubbers are virtually small cars with parts that should be maintained to increase their usefulness and longevity.
The following are some summer auto scrubber care tips provided by Daniel Frimml, Technical Service Representative for Tornado®, manufacturer of a full line of professional cleaning machines:
· Clean the machine using a mild cleaning agent. “Your equipment is a reflection of your professionalism [and] should always look its best.”
· Inspect the squeegee blades; excessive use and rough winter conditions can damage the squeegee or cause it to need adjustment.
· Examine the pad holder, pad drivers, and connections; clean, rinse, and allow to air dry. Although the holders and drivers are designed for years of use, wear and tear can take a toll on them.
· Make sure cylindrical brush pads are clean and properly shaped. If they have been stored with the brushes down, there is a possibility the brushes will have flat areas that can hamper proper floor cleaning.
· The tanks should be emptied and the filters and screens cleaned after each use; however, this does not always happen. Be sure to include this activity in the summer auto scrubber cleanup.
· Have the batteries checked. Use a battery hydrometer to check lead acid batteries; check sealed batteries using a load test. In both cases, it may be advisable to have a professionally trained service rep test the batteries.
· Get into the habit of storing the machine properly and leaving the recovery tank lid cover open when the machine is not in use. This allows the tank to dry out, preventing the growth of bacteria and malodor.
Available For Interviews And Industry Commentary:
Tornado Industries President Michael Schaffer is available for interviews and industry commentary by calling (630) 818-1300
About Tornado a Tacony Company
Tornado Industries has been engineering quality cleaning equipment for more than 80 years. The company has a long history of developing innovative products and applying the latest technology to increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve safety. Tornado prides itself on always being on the cutting edge of cleaning solutions.