Truckmount Carpet Extractors: Now is No Time For Them to Breakdown
Mukilteo, WA -The summer months are very often the busiest months of the year for carpet cleaning technicians; and, after three years of a tough economy, most technicians are looking forward to a busy, lucrative summer.
“The last thing they want to happen is for their carpet extractor to breakdown,” says Chris Ryan, author of “The Art of Truckmount Maintenance.”
To make sure technicians who use truckmount carpet extractors keep their equipment up and running—and running its best—Ryan offers the following “no nonsense” suggestions:
· Owner’s manual: Virtually all truckmount systems come with an owner’s manual. “Read this manual and keep it on the truck at all times. It can save the day,” asserts Ryan.
· Maintenance log: Have a checklist of maintenance items that should be performed on a regular basis. This can be determined by the machine’s running time or on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
· Recovery tank filter: Clean the recovery tank inlet screen or bag and the inlet filter to the blower in the recovery tank each day.
· Wiring: Regularly inspect the machine’s wiring, making sure it is tight, and wiring looms. A wiring loom is the cable tubing that helps organize the machine’s wires and cables.
· Nuts and bolts: Ensure that accessible nuts and bolts are tight—replace if damaged or rusted.
· Garden hose screen: Remove and clean the garden hose screen daily.
· Last job of the day: Lubricate the truckmount blower. Spray lubricant into the lube cup and allow the machine to run for two to three minutes.
“Many technicians are now using vehicle powered or clutch drive truckmount systems (CDS),” says Ryan. “Although these systems have fewer components to check, technicians should check belts and pulleys to make sure they are clean with no evidence of wear and tear.”
HydraMaster is a multimillion-dollar corporation with 150 employees and 90 representatives worldwide. The company manufactures several truckmount systems, a wide variety of accessories for high-performance truckmounts, and specialized cleaning wands.