PARADISE, CA — Five gallons of floor wax ended up polluting the creek that feeds into the town Aquatic Park duck pond, according to the Oroville Mercury-Register.
A janitor was waxing a floor at Paradise Intermediate School when he dropped the five-gallon bucket he was using, the article stated.
According to the article, the bucket broke and sent the five-gallons of wax into a drain that fed into the nearby creek.
Fire fighters were able to determine that the health risk was low, leaving their main concern for the fish and other wildlife in the pond the creek empties into, the article noted.
"The main hazard, the flammability, was zero, the reactivity was a zero and the health rating was a one, the lowest it can be," said Paradise fire Battalion Chief Eric Rapp.
Click here to read the complete article.