LAS VEGAS — A month after a guest of the Luxor Resort Hotel and Casino died of the Legionnaire form of pneumonia, health officials can confirm that Legionella bacteria was found in water samples taken from the hotel, according to the Huffington Post.
In the past year, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) national surveillance program has reported three cases of guests being diagnosed with the disease caused by Legionella bacteria, the article stated.
According to the article, after the first two cases were reported, the resort''s water was tested and no trace of the bacteria was detected; but, when later tests turned up positive, a remediation process was immediately started.
"We are confident in the integrity of our systems and the safety protocols we follow at all our hotels. Guest and employee safety is always a top priority at our company," said MGM Resorts spokesman Gordon Absher.
"Even before last summer, MGM Resorts led the industry with aggressive and stringent programs to control Legionella issues common to all large buildings."
Click here to read the complete article.