Six Executives Join ACI Board of Directors
· Representatives of BASF, Evonik, GOJO, Huntsman, Phoenix Brands, and Procter & Gamble Strengthen Cleaning Product Industry Leadership Group
· Shell’s Robert Chouffot, Amway’s Catherine Ehrenberger Re-elected as ACI Chair and Vice Chair
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Six executives from major cleaning product manufacturers and suppliers have joined the Board of Directors of the American Cleaning Institute (ACI – formerly The Soap and Detergent Association).
During its first meeting of the year at ACI’s 2012 Annual Meeting & Industry Convention, the Board welcomed the following new Directors, who will serve two-year terms:
· Dirk Buengel, Senior Vice President, Care Chemicals and Formulation Technologies, BASF Corporation.
· David Del Guercio, Global Senior Vice President and General Manager, Evonik Industries - Household Care Business Line.
· William Krueger, Vice President and General Manager, GOJO Global Group.
· John Smyth, Vice President, Europe-Africa and Middle East, Performance Products Division, Huntsman Corporation.
· William Littlefield, President & CEO, Phoenix Brands LLC.
· R. Alexandra Keith, Vice President-Fabric Care, North America and Brand Franchise Leader, Fabric Enhancers, The Procter & Gamble Company.
Re-elected to two-year terms on the Board were:
· Robert Margevich, President and Managing Director, Surface Chemistry, AkzoNobel Chemicals Inc.
· Catherine Ehrenberger, Vice President - R&D, Quality Assurance and Regulatory, Amway.
· Steve Tanner, President & CEO, Arylessence, Inc.
· Steven Cugine - Executive Vice President, Global New Product Innovation, Church & Dwight Company, Inc.
· Benno Dorer, Senior Vice President – Cleaning Division and Canada, The Clorox Company.
· Noel Wallace, President, Colgate U.S. and Global Sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive Company.
· Kevin Gallagher, President, Croda Inc.
· James Jackson – President, DeSoto L.L.C.
· Eunice Heath, General Manager, Dow Home & Personal Care, The Dow Chemical Company.
· Dr. Larry Berger, Senior Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Ecolab Inc.
· Eric Schwartz, General Manager, Laundry & Home Care, Henkel Consumer Goods Inc.
· Cynthia Bryant, Director of Business Development and Marketing, Household Care Division, Novozymes.
· Paul Ferrall, Jr., President – PQ Americas, PQ Corporation.
· Richard Conti, Chief Operating Officer - North America Markets, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
· Tom O’Brien, General Manager, Organics, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants GmbH.
· Robert Chouffot, General Manager Higher Olefins & Derivatives, Shell Chemical LP.
· John Venegoni, Vice President and General Manager - Surfactants, Stepan Company.
· Craig Slavtcheff, Senior Vice President, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, The Sun Products Corporation.
· Francine Glick, President, Water Journey, Ltd.
Board members also re-elected the following officers to serve one-year terms:
Chair: Robert Chouffot, Shell Chemical LP
Vice Chair: Catherine Ehrenberger, Amway
Treasurer: Tom O’Brien, Sasol Olefins & Surfactants GmbH
President: Ernie Rosenberg, ACI
Secretary: Joanne Thelmo, ACI
The American Cleaning Institute® (ACI - formerly The Soap and Detergent Association) is the Home of the U.S. Cleaning Products Industry® and represents the $30 billion U.S. cleaning products market. ACI members include the formulators of soaps, detergents, and general cleaning products used in household, commercial, industrial and institutional settings; companies that supply ingredients and finished packaging for these products; and oleochemical producers.
ACI (www.cleaninginstitute.org) and its members are dedicated to improving health and the quality of life through sustainable cleaning products and practices.