View Cart (0 items)
Management And Training

Thursday's Ask the Experts: Licensing requirements

February 23, 2012
/ Print / Reprints /
| Share More
/ Text Size+

Thursday''s Ask the Experts question from a cleaning professional on the International Custodial Advisors Network (ICAN) "Ask the Experts" page: I am interested in providing a residential community with a superintendent/janitor for a property. I''m looking for information on insurance and license requirements.

The answer:

Your question submission sheet says that you are a contractor and it reads as if you want to supply someone to a community to provide certain maintenance services. What is unclear is whether you will continue as this person''s employer or if you are acting as a labor broker to find the community an employee. Either way, the basic NYS employment elements of Worker''s Comp, disability coverage, and unemployment insurance will ... — Lynn E. Krafft, ICAN/ATEX editor

To read the rest of this response, click here.

You must login or register in order to post a comment.