WALTHAM, MA — A Waltham School District custodian''s quick thinking saved a student from choking during lunch, according to WDHD-TV.
The second-graders'' friends were yelling for help when the custodian overheard and rushed to see what was going on, the article stated.
According to the article, the janitor then performed the Heimlich maneuver, which all district custodians are required to learn.
"I was quite relieved that someone had been on site to do such a great job and felt very [reassured] that my child was well-cared for and was very grateful to the school," said Liz McCarthy, mother of a Waltham School District student.
Click here to read the complete article.