CLIFTON, NJ — Two construction workers suffered burns after one fell into a vat of nitric acid and the other jumped in to save him, according to Gawker.
The first victim was severely burned and unconscious, while his rescuer suffered less extensive burns, the article stated.
According to the article, the two men were working on a roof replacement when the roof gave in, sending one man tumbling 40 feet into a tank containing 40 to 70 percent nitric acid used to clean metal tubes.
Both men were taken by helicopter to St. Barnabas Medical Center for treatment, the article noted.
Click here to read the complete article.