PETERBOROUGH, ON — Indoor air quality (IAQ) problems can vary from season to season, but many people, especially those with allergies, are most impacted during the hot summer months, according to a press release.
The hot weather often makes them more susceptible to other respiratory problems, and cleaning professionals can either protect it or make it worse, the release stated.
According to the release, Enviro-Solutions Ltd. offers the following tips to keep indoor air clean and healthy this summer:
• Select cleaning products that have been certified and proven green by a leading certification body
• Avoid spraying chemicals into the air
• Mix cleaning chemicals using auto-dispensing systems
• Use damp microfiber dust cloths to wipe surfaces clean
• Remove excess moisture from surfaces after cleaning to prevent the growth of mold or mildew.
"Some cleaning work impacts IAQ more than others," said Mike Sawchuk, vice president and general manager of Enviro-Solutions.
"For instance, refinishing floors and carpet cleaning should be performed on weekends or when the building is least occupied," Sawchuk added.
For more tips, click here.
Click here to read the complete release.